Friday, November 18, 2011

forgive? You can't be serious????

I have really been tested the last seven days with this one.  For anyone who has ever been in this situation or situations, you get it.  Not going into details but in the last seven days, someone has hurt me and my twins (not physically, but emotionally) and made them cry; and a close friend really has crossed a line with me.  As a parent you can really understand my struggle with the first one, its one thing to upset me, but you better not make my little ones cry; and as for the other one, well probably everyone has to deal with a friend who really said some things they shouldn't have.  So what do we do?  Do we carry around this anger, this bitterness, or do we forgive and let it go.

Sure we know the thing we are supposed to do, we are supposed to let it go.  How appropriate my reading was for today:

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (Col 3:12-14, NIV)

I began to think about this, and realize that as much as i would try not to, i know that it could have very easily been me to have crossed a line or hurt someone.  Would i want them to forgive me, yes i would.  I have determined today to begin the process of healing, and to let it go.

What about you?  Do you have someone you need to forgive?  Take the high road, You are God's chosen person so clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, and choose to forgive.

the choice is yours, what will you do?

have a great weekend, go and worship the one who is worthy to worship this Sunday,

love to all, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment