Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Miley, say it aint so....

Unless you have had your head in the sand the last couple of days, you know about Miley's "performance" at the VMA awards.  Needless to say, I didn't see it and don't want to see it.  However, thanks to news media, I have seen clips and pictures of it.

So the question is how do you go from this girl

to what we saw the other night.

I wonder how her parents felt?  As a father I more so wondered how Billy Ray felt.  After all, Miley is not just a singer or actress, she is someone's daughter.

A couple of years ago, her manager wanted to change her image from the "sweet girl" to a "bad girl", you know to boost sales.  Maybe that is all this was, maybe it was just "business".

As a parent of four daughters (three of whom do not know who she is), I worry of the impact this has on young ladies now.  I try to teach my daughters to be appreciated for their mind and character, and feel like I am fighting this battle against society with the way they dress and act.  Miley, this doesn't help you or anyone else for that matter.  This is not the way to be remembered or to make a name for yourself.  Her image is definitely changed.

More than anything, my heart aches for her now.  Put in a position to now be viewed as a sexual object.  Struggling with Hollywood and who she wants to be.  Being thrown under the bus by news and social media.  A bad decision made worse by all the coverage.

Miley is just human, she makes mistakes, just like we all do.  Mine and yours just don't get smeared all over the news.

Most of the people who will read this blog will never be or have ever been in the position this young lady is in.  So young, so much pressure, and every eye watching everything you do.  In the lime light everyone expects you to be perfect.  Be the perfect role model and always to the right thing.  Don't misunderstand me, I'm not making excuses for her nor am I trying to justify her actions.  All I am saying is under pressure we are all prone to making foolish mistakes.

My advice to Miley is, "it's never too late to do the right thing."  God loves you, stand strong, and say No.  You can repair what has been done.

Prayers for Miley and her family....

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment