Friday, February 7, 2014

Why me??


This was my devotion for today:

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Co 1:3-4, NIV)

Why Me?  Why now?  Why not someone else?  Do I deserve this?

All questions that roll around in our minds, or if we are honest its questions we ask God, when life as we know it begins to fall apart.

I will be honest, I can think of several times I've asked this.  When I had to have a fusion done to my spine after rupturing a disc 6 months post op on another disc, when we lost a child at 6 months, or when our finances hit rock bottom.  WHY ME???

Here is what I found, God proved Himself in each situation.  He didn't make the problems go away, but He did walk us through them.  He also has enabled us to comfort some who have dealt with the exact same situations.  It's what he does.  It's what we are supposed to do.

So when we ask ourselves "why me?" the harsh answer is:  "why not you".

Whatever it is your dealing with, whatever it is your going through:
  • one, your never alone.  God hasn't left you, He WILL comfort you in your time of need.
  • two, you WILL meet someone someday that is going through the EXACT thing you are going through and you will be able to look them in the eyes and say, "I know exactly what you are going through"
Hang tough, be strong, build your faith, and understand that God is using whatever it is to prepare you to help someone in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment