Friday, May 29, 2015

breaking point

Many of you may know this feeling.  If one more thing goes wrong, if I hear one more complaint, or if something good doesn't come together soon I am going to snap, explode, or implode.  You know you are at a critical point, you know you are at a breaking point.  You are at a point where fear and faith are colliding and you do not know which one is winning, and you feel like you are the one who is losing.

You pray and pray, and yet nothing seems to be working, in fact you don't think anyone is listening.

Life is a journey of discovery.  In part of the journey you discover what that breaking point is.  In fact we realize that every time we get close to that point we notice that we CAN take a little more.  In this discovery of the breaking point not only do we gain knowledge that we are stronger than we realize and that God is greater when we let go and let Him prove Himself.


17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 19 A
righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; 20 he protects
all his bones, not one of them will be broken.  (Ps 34:17-20., NIV)
 
Couple of things to remember on the journey and when you feel like you are at that point, the breaking point:
  1. He hears you (17a).  Sometimes we may not feel that way, we may even struggle with believing it to be true, but He does hear you.  You can rest assured that your prayers are being heard.  God is listening.
  2. He will fix the problem (17b).  He delivers us from our troubles.  The catch here is that there is no timeline to the deliverance.  I personally don't like that answer.  He could deliver us in 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, etc., we don't know.  What we do know is that eventually, in His time... HE WILL.
  3. He remains close (18).  I have discovered this.  In my ugliness, in my heart brokenness, in my loneliness, in my darkest times, in my most painful times, in my confusion, in my exhaustion, in my helplessness, in my hopelessness, in my anger, in my resentment, in my emptiness, and wherever I am and whatever I am going through He is close.  In good times we know He is.  When everything is smooth we have no problem knowing God is there, its when things get tough our first inclination is to doubt He is there.  I promise you this.... He has always been, and will always be by my and your side.  Every moment of every day, in the good and the bad moments.
  4. He will not let you break (20).  We feel like we are going to break, but He promises us that even though we may bend, we will not break.  Apart from God, we will.  Apart from God we don't stand a chance, the world will break us.
This is definitely a most incredible journey that you and I are on.  Through it we discover an enormous amount of joy and heartache.  We learn what it is to have much, and to lose much.  We find out how much we can handle, and how much more God can.
 
If you feel you are close to the breaking point read Psalm 34 and remind yourself that you are a Child of the most high God.  When you feel like you are about to break, God is on the verge of doing something unbelievable in your life, so hang on to what is left and keep going.
 
I have learned my breaking point and am watching God do some unbelievable things, glory to His Name!!!
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment