Friday, October 23, 2015

Run for God


I have always maintained that my jog/run time is a lot of my quiet time with God.  I spend a lot of time praying and have gotten many of my best ideas and sermons while running.  I normally have either my "Jeremy Camp" or "Lecrae" iheart station playing, but today I felt led to do something different.

As most people I have the Bilble AP on my phone, so today I listened to my Bible while I ran.  I was Leary at the beginning because I normally use the beat of the music to help me set my pace.  Today I ended up not worrying about pace, time, or distance.  Today was just about me jogging and listening.  

I was so amazed today, it was as if God spoke to me the whole time.  I jogged six miles and listened to the gospel of Mark and part of Luke.  This may very well become a new habit of mine.  I am able to get away from everything and just listen and take it all in.  We all know that is hard to do.  Get away, find a way, because it is very worth it.

Today I felt not only that I was running for God, but that I was running with God.

Have a great weekend

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment