Thursday, August 6, 2020

Good news


I have to be honest I quit watching the news.  I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist and say that the news is "fake news" or politically driven, but I do say that most have an agenda.  However, I quit watching the news because they never seems to have good news.  The most powerful button I have found is the "off" button on my remote.  We are so inundated with depressing, bad, agenda driven news that I just had enough.  I used to watch ESPN Sportcenter for sports news, but now it is political and agenda driven, so everything now that I need I find it on an app.  I digress and get to my point.  I was reminded today of some great, no some awesome news.  As a Believer in Jesus Christ we already know the following, but let's be reminded of good news:


      1 Blessed is the one 
         whose transgressions are forgiven, 
         whose sins are covered. 
      2 Blessed is the one 
         whose sin the LORD does not count against them 
         and in whose spirit is no deceit. 

    and....

      5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you 
         and did not cover up my iniquity. 
         I said, “I will confess 
         my transgressions to the LORD.” 
         And you forgave 
         the guilt of my sin.  (Ps 32:1–5).

Some points of good news to ponder:

  • You are blessed! and what follows is how/why
  • your transgressions are forgiven - things you have done/will do are gone as if they never happened
  • your sins are covered - hidden never to be found
  • your sins are not counted against you - God does not keep the list of things you have done wrong, they are not added up and brought back up, they are gone
  • I acknowledge my sin to You - we can go before God and confess anything, He does not belittle, make fun of, roll His eyes, beat, slap, or ridicule us
  • greatest of all: He forgives the guilt - God doesn't just forgive us, He forgives the guilt.  We walk around with so much guilt of things we have done, God has forgiven He does not hold us accountable to that which we have asked for forgiveness for.

So, be reminded of the good news of the Gospel.  God is so great, we are so blessed.  With a world that is overrun with negative media, bring some positive into your life.  

Blessings, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment