Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This is too hard, so I QUIT


60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him.”
66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. (Jn 6:60-66, NIV)
 
I really don't, remember my last blog "I refuse to lose", I'm not talking about me (though at times i do feel like throwing in the towel, but don't we all?).  Sometimes making the adjustments that Christ wants us to make in our lives is easy, sometimes its a little more difficult, and sometimes its just down right hard.
 
So what do we do or should i ask what are we supposed to do?  because there is a difference between what we are supposed to do and what we actually do.  Some of his disciples (students, and not the 12) where at a crossroads, the teachings of Jesus where getting harder, and they started to complain.  The came to a point where they had to decide, am i going to tuff this out or am I going to give up.  Unfortunately verse 66 shows us what they did, they gave up and walked away never to return.
 
you and i are faced with these decisions when things get tough, we start thinking (and saying) I cant it's just to hard.  The unfortunate thing is when this happens we run from our problems, we walk away from the solution to our problems, which is Christ.
 
The end result is heartbreaking.  The disciples that walked away missed out on so much.  Think about the twelve that stayed.  Think about what they saw, heard, and had a part of.  God used them in tremendous ways, simply because they stuck it out.  They worked through the hard stuff.  God wants you to stick it out, God wants you to work through the hard stuff.  God wants to do so much in our lives.  Don't walk away, you will miss out on what God wants to do in your life.
 
I love you, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment