Friday, October 25, 2013

I cant hear you.....


Where is the power in the church today?
Why isn't God moving like He used to?
Why isn't God answering my prayer?
Why does it seem that God isn't listening to me?

Have you ever wondered this?

If it seems as though you are asking yourself these questions, the answer lies in Psalm 66:18.

"If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened"

This verse is not popular with Christians because it makes us look inward.  We are like everyone else, we like to blame others for our problems.  If we are honest, we almost never want to admit that the problem may lie in you or me.

This verse tells us that if we have kept sin, not acknowledged it, in our lives that the Lord will not hear our prayers.  You and I can pray all day long, but it would never reach higher than the roof of the room we are in.  Humbling thought isn't it.  Sin has that great of an affect on us and the line of communication that we have with our Heavenly Father.

If you find yourself feeling like this line of communication between yourself and God is blocked the answer lies in self-examination.  Ask yourself, "Is there something that I have not confessed", be honest with yourself.  You know if there is.

The promise you and I have is this:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us..." (1 John 1:9, NIV)

There is nothing you cannot tell God.  There is nothing you or I can do that will shock Him.  There is also nothing you and I can hide from Him.  God is always willing and waiting to hear and forgive, always.

confession + forgiveness = line of communication back open

"But God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.  Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!" (Psalm 66:19-20, NIV)

Spend sometime today in prayer, and begin with confession.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment