Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Hello, I am a people pleaser


3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

 

Many of us suffer from a disease known as “people pleasing”.  Why is it that we try so hard to please others, why is it that we seek the approval of others so much.  When it comes down to it, what others think, do, or say really doesn’t matter.  I wish I could get to a point like Paul does in verse 3 “I care very little what you think”.  What you and I need to boil it down to is being able to end every day with our conscience clear.  At the end of every day we commune with God and allow Him to point out things in our lives that we need to work on.  When it is all said and done, it is only God’s opinion (or judgment) that matters.
 

I had an instructor once tell me that “you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time”.  There is so much truth in this statement.  I spend so much of my time, and you may too, trying to make some people happy that will never be happy with anything I, or you do.  It will not change their opinion of me.

 
People do not decide our final destination or our plan and purpose for this life.  Only God does.  If you struggle with “people pleasing”, the above verse is for you (and quite honestly me).  I was put on this earth to serve and please an audience of one, and His name is Jesus.
 
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a recovering people pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment