Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Please don't hit the "STOP" button


49 “Master,” said John, “we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”
50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.” (Lk 9:49-50, NIV)
 
Two simple verses jumped out at me today, but there is a wonderful truth that is found in them.  The disciples where out ministering & doing what Jesus wanted them to, ran across some others who where doing THE SAME THING, and yet they wanted to stop them...why?  The truth is found at the end of verse 49: because they were not one of them.  My how quickly we can move from being kingdom focused to center focused.  Because they didn't look, act, or do something for the kingdom like they where doing they tried to stop them.  This has always been, and I'm afraid it will always be.  Just because someone does something differently from us, and has the same end result, does not make them wrong.  Someone may do different music than me, may teach differently than me, may be a different denomination than me, and may even use a different translation than me.  What does Jesus say to that?  "Don't stop them, they are not against you they are for you".....
As long as they are teaching Christ the Son of God, who was crucified for my sins and yours, and people are being transformed, why does it matter?
Please don't hit the "STOP" button, it affects the kingdom, and Jesus says that they may be different from you but their not your enemy.
 
have a blessed day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment