Friday, July 22, 2011

I refuse to lose


4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (Lk 15:4-7, NIV)
 
I love my flock.  I love saying I love my flock.  When it comes to my flock I refuse to lose even one.  This week has been an amazing week, and at the same time a very frustrating week.  God really blessed in VBS all week, has been outstanding, 15 children made first time decisions, 3 made recomitments (affirmed where they stood), and during the VBS program last night 3 adults made first time decisions.  Verse 7 tells us that the angels in heaven rejoiced over one, so they must have been going crazy in heaven over 21 decisions made this week.  So the flock grows, but at the same time, i have some sheep that are at odds.  I am too stubborn and care too much to let the dissension continue.  Unfortunately it has taken my focus off rejoicing in the decisions, and having to focus on the negative.
I refuse to lose.  I will not give up.  I will not give in.  I love my sheep too much.  So I am going after the sheep and I will bring them back. 
 
So sheep you know who you are so be aware I am coming for you.
 
have a blessed weekend, I love you, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment