Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Battle Within


I have never fought for this country on foreign soil, so i will never know how that feels, but I do face a battle of warfare on a daily basis:  Its called the Battle within.

16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.  (Ga 5:16-17, NIV)

There is a constant battle within me of good verses evil, and if your honest its in you too.

I WANT to live by the Spirit
I WANT to do the right thing
I WANT to say the right thing
I WANT to be the person God wants me to be

however

Within me is the sinful nature that I (we) have to battle, fight, wrestle, and deal with on a daily basis.  It's tiring and its emotionally draining.  This is what makes it so hard to do the right thing.

Yes its hard, very hard.  I have heard often times in life that the hardest things in life are the ones that are the most beneficial.  It's the battle of what I think is best verses what God thinks is best. 

God loves me/you enough that He helps us with this battle.  He will give us the strength to fight this battle.  He gives us His Spirit as strength, i cannot (and you cannot) just automatically do the right thing all the time.

In the end God knows what is best, He will win the battle if you will just let Him.

Yes, there is a battle within me, a war that i must fight, and a war that i must win, so that I may be the person that God wants me to be.  And so the battle continues...

Join the battle,

Love, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment