Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Give peace a chance


"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."  (Romans 12:18, NIV)

No I'm not going hippy on you...


However imagine a world at peace.  Almost inconceivable, isn't it.  To not have a grudge, to no be arguing with anyone, anytime, over anything.  It's God's idea.

He wants us to work as hard as possible (it depends on you) to live at peace, not just with believers but with everyone.  Hard to do when you are so different sometimes.

How do you live at peace with someone that is against you morally?  How do you live at peace with someone who is against you politically?  How do you live at peace with someone who is against you spiritually?

The Same way Jesus did:  love them.

It works, by golly it works.....

I find myself surrounded by those who disagree to the top of their lungs to which things I stand for, but yet at the same time they have no ill towards me and I have no ill will towards them.

This my friends is what makes America great, it's what makes being a Christian great.  That we can appreciate each others differences and yet still love and keep peace with each other. 

I long for those days in our country, I long for those days in our state, and I long for those days in our County and City.

Sad thing is the more that we fight with each other and the larger the gap is between both sides of political arena, is that America is the one who loses.....

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment