Friday, April 29, 2016

this means war



Spiritual Warfare.

 
I have been reading the book  “The Invisible War, What every believer needs to know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare”, It was a required reading for a class I am taking right now.  It couldn’t have come at a better time.  I have been dealing with the battle of darkness, and it can be very uneasy, if not quite frightening at times.
 

Something the author said (Chip Ingrram) said on p.61 really stuck with me as well:  "That means that when we fight, we're not trying to win.  We're enforcing the victory that Jesus has already secured.  In His power, we are invincible."

 

My eyes have been enlightened lately as to the matter of spiritual warfare.  I have always believed it, however haven’t really experienced it much, until recently.

 

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, NIV)

 
I have heard stories of the struggle, but now I KNOW the struggle.  I know of nightmares, voices, and evil lurking trying to discourage the great work the Master is trying to do in our community and church.

 
Two nights ago I had a nightmare that was so real that I woke up screaming “get away from me Satan”, though I don’t remember the specifics of it what I do remember I would rather not.  The thing I can remember was the eerie presence of evil, and wanting to get as far away from it as I could.  My wife asked me if I remembered any of the dream because obviously I woke her up as well.

 
The thing I have learned to remind myself, as pointed out in the book, is the victory has already been won.  The enemies game plan is to destroy individual believers, the unity of the family, and the integrity of the church.  The enemy will use whatever means possible to accomplish this.  That being said you and I have to be on our guard individually, for our families, and our churches.  God has won the victory, but we have to be on our guard.

 
I asked my deacons last month in our meeting to pray for me because of this battle that has been raging, I can feel the strength of their prayers.  Thank you men, keep it up!!

 
Chris L. Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment