Monday, August 29, 2016

Choices?

 


Israel had it all.  God had provided everything they needed.  He provided them the best of the best.  God provided everything they needed to perfection to produce good fruit for Him.  He provided so much for them, and yet He asks in Isaiah 5:4
“4 What more could have been done for my vineyard than I have done for it? When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad?”
God laid it all out there for them, and the sad thing was they acted with disobedience.  God then carefully lays out His case in Isaiah 5:8-23 as to why He would bring destruction upon them.
Isaiah’s response was totally different.  Isaiah was at a trying time in his life and ministry, the king had died and they were unsure times (6:1).  God enables him to see God for all of His glory.  Isaiah recognizes his own wickedness: 

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” (Isaiah 6:5)

 
Isaiah is given the same opportunity and chance as Israel to serve the Lord.  His response is not disobedience, but rather strict obedience:

 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8).
 

The same holds true today.  God gives us ample opportunity to serve Him, He provides everything we need all we have to do is respond as Isaiah did, or respond as the disciples did when Jesus said, “Follow Me”.
 

19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 At once they left their nets and followed him. (Matthew 4:19)
 
God loves you and I so much that He leaves the choosing to us.  You can choose to now follow (as Israel did) or you can choose to follow (as Isaiah and disciples did), God will not force you to follow Him or Serve Him.  It's totally up to you to decides, so what is it going to be?
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment