Thursday, January 5, 2017

less is more

 
30 He must become greater; I must become less. (John 3:30)
 
If I was to set a goal for this year, and should, this would be it.  For He (being Christ) to become greater and I to become less.  This is all about giving up control.  Control of what?  Me.  I like being in control, don’t you?  Most of us do.  I don’t like being a passenger in a car, I like to drive.  Why?  Control.  I want to be in control of my life, my decisions, my job, my children, and so on and so forth.  Control makes us feel powerful.  To become a stronger Christian we have to do opposite of that.  We have to be willing to give up control to our Creator and His Son Jesus Christ.  This is no easy task, for anyone I know, and this is not excluding myself.  I know it is hard.
The concept is the more that I move out of the way, the greater God can work in me and through me.  This life can no longer be about me, it HAS to be about Him.  This leads us to discover what we where created for and what our purpose is.  This further leads us to see that the world does NOT revolve around just me or you.  There is a much bigger picture that God is painting.  We don’t have the ability to see this picture when we are all wrapped up in ourselves. 
So remember:  less is more.
have a great day, Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment