Thursday, July 9, 2020

I don't get it


I have found myself saying this to God a lot since March 2020, "I don't get it" or "I don't understand".  The Pandemic, Civil unrest, and list goes on of CRAZY things this year.  I have found myself wondering how or why are we having to shut down churches, businesses, and basically the world.  People are without work, kids not in school, and our world turned upside down.  I keep telling myself that God is up to something, but what??  Leave it to Isaiah to help me here:


      8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
         neither are your ways my ways,”
           declares the LORD.
      9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
         so are my ways higher than your ways
         and my thoughts than your thoughts.
      10 As the rain and the snow
         come down from heaven,
         and do not return to it
         without watering the earth
         and making it bud and flourish,
         so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
      11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
         It will not return to me empty,
         but will accomplish what I desire
         and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:8-11, NIV)

I don't have to understand it, I don't have to get it.  God has a plan and I don't have to know what it is.  I just have to follow Him, I just have to trust Him.  His thoughts and ways are not mine, His thoughts and ways are higher (mind blowing) compared to mine.  God has a plan for all of this, God knew what was coming in 2020, He has something in store, He has a master plan that cannot be stopped, paused, or changed.  God will accomplish what He desires, He will fulfill His purpose for 2020 and beyond.

There is freedom in not having to have all the answers, there is comfort in knowing that God has this even if I don't understand.  You and I are not asked to figure everything out, we don't have to spin our wheels wondering what to make of all this.  All we are asked to do is follow in faith and know that God sees the bigger picture, He knows how this will change His people and this world, and He will get glory someway somehow at the end of the day (so to speak).

Dear child of God, you don't have to understand, you don't have to get it, just trust Him.

Have a great day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment