Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who?? Me????


"But Lord, " Gideon asked, "How can I save Israel?  My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my Family" (Judges 6:15)

If you have been around long enough, you know how Gideon feels.  God has just told him he was going to do something, well, amazing.  God was going to use Him to save the nation.  Save the nation?  You gotta me kidding me.  (this is what Gideon thought).  So Gideon begins to do what we would do:  give a list of excuses:

I'm not smart enough
I'm not good enough
I'm not equipped enough
I don't have time
I don't have money
I don't have the energy
I'm not good with people
I'm too busy
I'm too scared
I'm not good with people
I'm not educated enough
and the list could go on and on and on and on and on.

"Your right in the that no one is worthy to serve God, but the problem is that doesn't matter to God" - E. McMinn

It's amazing to me that God uses us to accomplish His work.  It's a great privilege but with great privilege comes great responsibility.  You and I must be responsible with the great work that God has placed in front of us.

So when it comes to God giving you a mission, don't stress, enjoy the ride.  It's great fun and a little hard work.

have a great day, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment