Friday, August 9, 2013

its all about the ride

So for five years I have been going and taking my youth to ride the Virginia Creeper trail in Virginia.  Its a beautiful wonderful scenic bike ride that stretches 17 miles from White Top mountain to Damascus VA.  Along this trail you experience getting away from everything and just ride for awhile.   For five years we have had really good weather, until this year.

The ride started fine.  When we got to White Top it was sunny and partly cloudy; however five miles down the trail the weather changed drastically.  It went from sunny to hard rain, the trail turned into a wet, muddy mess.  Decision time:  do I allow the current circumstances to ruin my day?

I decided to not let it.  I felt like a kid again.  Mud puddles, sticky mud, and rain.  Oh yeah, had a blast.

Life is a lot like our ride yesterday.  It can change in a hurry.  You can go from having a wonderful relaxing day to a horrible stress filled day.  Circumstances can often dictate our mood if we allow them to.  Don't allow the circumstances of an "off" day or two dictate who you are.

Just enjoy this ride that we call "life".

Psalm 40:
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."  (2,3)



Have a great day!!

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment