Tuesday, October 28, 2014

knocked down


Knocked down, sometimes we feel like it can't happen. 

Mike Tyson was a fighting machine, no one could touch him when his career began, let alone knock him down.  Then came James "Bonecrusher" Smith.  I remember watching Tyson fight and listening to his interviews.  He was good, really good, but it's inevitable that no matter how good you are, how quick you are, or how strong you are; you will get knocked down.

I have been going rounds with a fighter, my enemy....

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Eph 6:12., NIV)

I'm tired, I'm battered, I'm bruised; sometimes I feel like I CAN'T go one more round, I feel like I CAN'T get back up, I feel like I CAN'T take one more hit.  That's it, I'm down, I'm done, start the 10 count.

Then I hear the voice that reminds me:

7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. (2 Co 4:7-10., NIV)

and so I get back up again

You can too.  I know it's hard, I know your battle, and I also know that you and I have a coach that gives us power like no other.  Jesus is our advocate, He is our cheerleader, and He is your biggest fan.  When you get knocked down, you look to him.  He is your greatest source of energy.  He will give it to you, all you need is to ask.

Those of you who are knocked down and feel like your taking a beating, I pray for you and you pray for me.


Summer 2013 I met the man that knocked Tyson down for the first time:  James "bonecrusher" Smith.

Chris...




No comments:

Post a Comment