Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Who then shall I fear??

My apologies to my readers, it has been a week, but hopefully I am back with it now.  I was searching for some encouragement in scripture this morning and ran across these verses that i thought i would share:


1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.a
2 I will sayb of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” (Psalm 91:1,2)
a Hebrew Shaddai
b Or He says
 
Thunderstorms don't really bother me, periodically they may wake me up at night, but for the most part I have no fear of them.  Now, my four year old twins are absolutely petrified of them, especially if they get awaken at night.  When thunder wakes them up at night guess what they do?  Yep, you know it, they come running to daddy's room and want to lay in my bed, because they will feel safe, secure, and calm.  The peace they get from daddy's arms allows them to get past the fear and go back to sleep.  Did you know that is what our Heavenly Father Creator wants us to do, God wants us as His children to run (not walk) to Him, and let Him be our Shelter, Him be our Comforter, and Him be the one to bring us peace.  I love my girls so much that i would do anything to make them feel safe, and God feels the same way about you and I.
 
Psalm 91 beautifully ends this way:
 
 
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation.” (Psalm 91:14-16)
 
Have a blessed day and enjoy mid-week service!  Chris
 

No comments:

Post a Comment