Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time (is not on your side)


"Time" by Hootie and the blowfish

Time is rarely ever my friend, how about you?

It seems like i :
Don't have time to read...
Don't have time to spend with my kids....
Don't have time to spend with my wife....
Don't have time to have any fun....
Don't have time to exercise....
Don't have time to sleep....
Don't have time to eat...
Don't have time to watch a movie...
Don't have time to relax...
Don't have time to ______ (fill in the blank)

Time is like our worst enemy...  I have gotten better at time management, though I have not perfected it.  We really have to sit down and decide what are the most important things that I need to do today.  In the midst of trying to figure out what we have (and don't have time for), God is usually the one who suffers when it comes to us spending time with; and yet when we make a list of stuff we want to do; God misses out on that one too.  Jesus addressed this time issue:

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. (Mt 25:13, NIV)

You and I don't have a clue of when our last day or hour and this earth will be.  One minute we can be alive, the next, well, we are faced with eternity.  I want to challenge you today with making a list of all the things you say you "don't have time to do", and then take the time to do them.  You won't regret it.

Unfortunately with the nature of my work, I spend time with people who are facing death, not a one of them over the last 10 years has ever said, "I wished i would have worked more, or spent more time away from home"  Most of them have said: I wished i would have-

spent more time with kids, grandkids
spent more time with spouse
spent more time with family
spent more time reading Bible

spent more time praying
spent more time serving God.

Don't live life with regrets, While you have read this the clocked has ticked more time off your life, so don't let it have been a waste, make a change, manage your time.

Have a great day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment