Friday, March 30, 2012

some thoughts on Tim Tebow

Some thoughts on Tim Tebow...

I will be the first to tell you that I am a Tebow fan, and long before he was a Jet (or a Bronco) for that matter.



There are those that say that we, as Christians only like him because of His faith, and not because of His playing ability.  There are some great athletes with some great faith (Jared Allen, Kurt Warner, Deon Sanders, Reggie White, Larry Fitzgerald, just to name a few) in the NFL (or retired from NFL).

Yes, i do appreciate Tebows Faith, as well as many others, and how they reflect it on the football field.



More than that, I love to watch Tebow play, He is unpredictable, unprecedented, and some times unbelievable.  Is he one of the best QB's out there, not really.  But alot of the way that He runs, and plays reminds me of my all time fav QB:



Yeah, I know you think I'm grasping at straws here trying to compare Tebow to Favre, but think back to Favre's early days, the way he scrambled and threw the ball and it will remind you alot of Tebow.  Now I don't think Tebow will ever get the chance to be the star Favre was, but imagine this:  If Tebow had been able to stay a bronco and this man helped him fine tune his passing game:



What a QB he could have been.  I would have to say (and this is my opinion, so you can disagree if you want to) that Tim Tebow is better than:



But only time will tell if he gets a chance to prove it.

Have a great weekend! 

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment