Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You've Got a Friend In Me


"Friendships, along with love, make life worth living" - Mike Krzyzewski


10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up! (Ec 4:10, NIV)
 
Ministry is one of the most rewarding, humbling, and highest callings in life.  It can also be the loneliest place on earth.
 
In evaluating in my last blog with my own life i realized something heart wrenching, I was writing about me, that I don't have time to build lasting friendships.  I realized that all my time is poured into two areas:  my home (wife and kids) and my youth.  Now recognizing that those are not bad, however as I was sitting at home Saturday and realized that we don't have "friends" that we hang out with, we don't go out to eat with couples, our kids don't get together with other kids and play.  So the question is why?
 
Some of it has to do with, well probably most of it has to do with the time crunch thing, it's really hard to find the time to.  I think the other one is simply having being in "ministry".  What has that got to do with it?  one word:  Favoritism.  People's "view".  If we as a couple spend time with another couple, could people view it as "favoritism"?  would that be "favoring" one family over another.  Could it affect my ability to minister effectively?
 
Don't get me wrong, I have friends, I have an "inner circle", I have some wonderful people i can go to.  I think as a couple we are just lacking in building quality friendships with other couples.  I gotta work on that.
 
Because we want to be known as:
 
 
blessings on your day,  love ya Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment