Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer 2012

The last month has been crazy, I mean craaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy.

Had an unbelievable (and remarkably smooth) week with my youth at Fort Caswell.  I love worshipping with students, they amaze me.  I saw many grow in some unbelievable ways.  My hope is always that they will come back and be different, be changed, or then Caswell is just another "week at the beach".  I love it when some come thinking that is what is gonna happen; then bam God does His work and I see their lives transformed in a week.


Then it was off to Student Impact with a group of students, Student Impact is an opportunity for students to make in impact in one of the "poorer" communities in NC, we go do volunteer work in Hayesville/Murphy area.  This week is usually my "core" group that goes.  They go knowing that it is several days of hard work, but yet they still love it.  I usually enjoy this week at Student Impact more than I do Caswell, i know as strange as it sounds your talking a week at the beach worshipping vs. a week of mission work.  However this year was a draw, because both retreats where simply amazing.


what makes these weeks so great is also this fine group that i get to work with:
I cant say enough about Brian, Jeanne, and Rachel.  I love them all dearly and they are such an encouragement to me and my ministry.  I have had the opportunity to be able to share most of this summer with them.  They are three very special people.

Well, i make it sound like the summer is over, but nope not yet.....there is till much to do for the Glory of God.  I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment