Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is it Worship, or Isn't It?

Is it really worship, or isn't it? that's a great question, one I have really been pondering today....

2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.  3 The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
(psalm 126:2,3)
 
Have you ever felt like you where at a funeral instead of a worship service on a Sunday (or wednesday for that matter).
 
I don't get it, if we believe with all of our heart what vs. 3 says, then why are we so complacent when it comes to our worship.  Now i may not be suggestion turning penticostal (no offence friends) or putting on a show while in a "worship" service, but how about atleast a smile.  I know what many are thinking, "we all worship in different ways", and though that may be true, I still believe many are holding back.  For instance, those that have been to Fort Caswell with me, I have seen YOU worship, I have seen YOU praise God and not be ashamed of how you are praising God.  Now, that may truely not be for all, but ask yourself this question:
 
How am i showing God (not man) how thankful I am for what He has done for me, while I am worshipping?
 
Have a great Sunday and I hope you worshipped somewhere...
 
Comments welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment