Friday, August 29, 2014

stuck in a rut


You ever had this experience?  Stuck.  Caught.  Can't get out.

When I was in college I had a "low rider" Chevrolet pick up, when I say it was low... it was.  We called it "slammed".  It sat so low that you couldn't even get your foot under the front of it, seriously, it had 6" lowering blocks on the back.  It was the kind that you had to angle it in order to get across a speed bump, and no I'm not kidding.  One day when I was driving to the Birch building, my right rear wheel dropped into a pot hole.  Doesn't sound like much of a problem, however when the truck is not posi-traction, the u bolt is sitting on the pavement, and the drive wheel is in the hole not touching anything you are not going anywhere.  So I wasn't stuck in a rut, I was stuck in a pot hole.  It would not budge, wheel just spun in the hole.  I got out and tried to push or pick up the truck to get it to drop down so the wheel would touch.. nothing.  The harder I tried the more frustrated I got.  Here I was frustrated, tired, and alone.

Until, 4 guys came along and picked the truck up and scooted it over.

I feel like I'm in a rut.  Lets face it we have all been there.  The harder you try the worse it seems to get.  The more you work at it, the less it seems to get better.  The faster you spin your wheels the more you sink.  Then you get to the point that you throw your hands up in the air and give up.  Until out of no where someone comes to help you out. 

That is the thing about a rut, you can't get out on your own.  I can't get out of my own, we have to have someone lift us up.


2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.  (Ps 40:2-3., NIV)
 
 
I have a strong feeling I'm not the only one today in a rut.  He (being God) can lift me out of this rut, and you as well.  Then we will be out of the rut, and singing praise to Him.  I'm ready...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment