Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer 2014

To my readers:  yes, I know it has been a long, long, long, long, long, long time since I have blogged.  Today I shall fill you in on my summer.

I Ran two races, one in June with this guy:

Me and my pastor/friend Ken Sausedo (love this guy isn't he awesome!)
 
and one in July (with 7000 others)
 

 
Cassidy, me, Bethaney, Color Run
 
neither one of the races was a personal best for me, but had fun!!
 
beginning of July took a group of students to Garden City, SC.
 

We had an absolutely amazing week as we spent the week studying, "I AM", the "I AM" statements of Jesus in the book of John.  Then we discussed who Jesus was to us.


Spending a week with students on a retreat is always a blessing, it is fantastic to watch them grow spiritually, grow as a group, and make new lasting friendships.

I also took on a new camp.  God laid it on my heart earlier this year to take our youth and students to camp at the same time, this was a tremendous undertaking.  This week would never have happened without out the dedicated efforts of some great leaders, who where flexible and willing to step up when I needed them to.  With our students we spend the week talking about our purpose, and with our kids we spent the week talking about choices and how they affect us.  Our students spent three days on the mission field in Murphy doing landscaping and clean up.  They ministered to a sweet lady named Marilyn by cleaning up her yard and spending time with her.


 
Student Impact 2014
 
Kids Camp 2014



There was much, much more that I was involved in this summer, but these are just the hi-lights.  Now it's time to get kids prepared for school, and get ready to kick AWANA into high gear...
 
blessings to you, and hope you have had a wonderful summer
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment