Friday, April 19, 2013

Pick me, Pick me


You remember when you where in school and in P.E. when they would pick teams for basketball?  You know how they would always get down to where there was just one or two left and nobody wanted them on their team because they where so bad.  I mean really really bad.  That one kid left standing, well It was almost always me.

I love sports, although I have never been good at them, ever.

I remember always standing there thinking, come on, someone pick me, please don't let me be last yet again.  It's an awful feeling.  Things like that happen and you start dealing with lack of self-confidence.  It got to where I would make up excuses to not have to be there.  "I dont' feel good", "my asthma is bothering me", "coach i forgot my clothes to dress out".  Yeah that was me.  It was sad, cause i really wanted to play.  Then if I did play, whoever team I was on would NEVER give me the ball, so what was the point of me playing then.  Could i really blame them?  I mean i was pretty awful.  I wanted to play, I wanted to be part of the team,  I wanted to shoot the ball!!!  I never got to be team captain, i think if i had ever had the chance I would have picked the ones who stunk first, just so we would know the feeling of what it was like to not be last.

This is why I struggle so much with John 15:16:

"You did not choose me, but I chose you....." (NIV)

He chose me....

Sometimes I can't quite wrap my head around that.  I don't feel special.  I don't feel equipped.  I don't feel worthy.  I don't feel like I'm worth choosing.

But Jesus did.  He Chose me.  He made me special.  He equipped me.  He sees more in me than i ever will.  He chose me to be part of His team.  He chose me, He chose me, HE CHOSE ME!!!!

He chose you too, He hand picked you out to be, well you.  He has a plan for you.  He chose you to be on His team, all Jesus asks is that you join Him.  He wants you on His team....

Join me I love being on His team.

Have a great weekend, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment