Friday, April 26, 2013

loneliness


There are a short list of horrible feelings that we encounter, one of them is loneliness.  Isolation.  How often do you go there, get there, stay there.

That feeling of:
No one understands
No one cares
I am fighting this battle alone
No one gets me
I AM ALL ALONE.

"He replied, " I have been very zealous for the Lord God of Hosts, but the Israelites have abandoned Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword.  I alone am left, and they are looking for me to take my life." 1 Kings 19:10 (HCSB)

Elijah felt this way.  That we was fighting a battle on his own.  That not one single person was there for him.  That not one single person understood.  So he was in

darkness
loneliness
isolation
desolation.

Its not hard to arrive at this point.  We get tired, we get worn down, we focus on the negative, we look at around our surroundings and see nothing good happening, then we begin to sink into this black hole of isolation trying to cut out the negative, the hurt, and the frustration.  Sometimes we get so deep into this hole that we cant get out.......

Then God comes along....

"What are you doing here, Elijah?" 1 Kings 13b (HCSB)

or

"What are you doing here, Chris?"

Elijah began to describe his situation to God, "I am all alone and fear for my life...."  In that moment, as only God can, He begins to talk to Elijah and encourage him and tells him that he is not alone, in fact tells him that "there are 7,000 in Israel - Every knee that has not bowed to Baal and every mouth not kissed him" (18b).

You don't have to be alone, to feel alone.  Sometimes we can feel like we are fighting this battle of life all by ourselves.  You are not alone, I am not alone.  When we get into this feeling of loneliness God comes along and asks, "What are you doing here?", You don't have to be there, I don't have to be there.  Open eyes to look around, there is a remnant that understands.  There are people that feel just as lonely as you and I.  We are all fighting this same battle.

When you start to feel like you are going into this pit of loneliness, listen for the voice.... listen closely as He says, "What are you doing here?", God will remind you that you are not alone, He has placed people around to lift you up.

Have a great day; Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment