Friday, April 25, 2014

my friday run

When I woke up this morning I was extremely hesitant about running today.  My reasons, albeit more like excuses where:  I ran yesterday, the route yesterday had more hills hence I am sore, and I just don't like running back to back days because my time gets worse instead of better.  But I went anyway.

I am so glad I did.  I had my second best 3 mile time ever (33 minutes, 11.13 mile).  I was so excited because my goal is to do 3 miles in 30 minutes.  But that's not the only reason I am glad I did.

God has a way of speaking to me while I'm running.  Running gives me the ability to clear my mind of all things.

At the end of mile 1 my coach (the app on my phone) informed me that my pace was 10.20 mile.  I was pumped and I was going to do everything I could to keep it up.  I know I'm approaching mile 2 and I feel myself slowing.  I'm trying to coach myself to pick back up the pace.  Then I hit mile 2, app says 10:58 mile.  I'm really trying to push myself now, feeling I got this.  Then I hit 2.5 miles.  My mind begins to doubt, I begin to say to myself you can't keep this pace up.  then my pace slows down.  Disappointment.  Fear.  Lack of belief.

Then this little voice  inside my head says to me, "Chris, what just happened to you in running happens in your life, I start doing great things in your life and then you doubt and slow down."  Then Psalm 46:10 came to mind, "Be still and know that I am God."

I picked back up the pace, mile 3 was 12.03.  Isn't that amazing I lost a minute in that final mile because I hesitated, I doubted.

I don't want to miss a minute of anything You want in my life God.  Help me to remember to "be still and know your God."

ps, as strange as it sounds my time of being still is when I run......

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment