Thursday, July 2, 2015

shocker


The Christian Conservative community acted so shocked and appalled by SCOTUS' decision last Friday.  We acted as though it completely caught us off guard.  It shouldn't have.  It has been a long time coming.  Right, wrong, or indifferent it was definitely coming.

Let me state this very clearly, YOU CANNOT LEGISLATE MORALITY.  Why are we allowing the Supreme Court to decide what is moral and what is not.  When man makes that kind of decision it leaves too many doors open.

You also cannot force someone to believe what you believe, and that works both ways.  The LGBT community will not convince me that same sex marriage is ok, and I won't be able to convince them it not ok.  That is what makes our country what it is. 

What is making our country deteriorate is HATE.  So much nastiness has been portrayed in the last week because of this legislature. 

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember the words I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates me hates my Father as well. (Jn 15:18-23., NIV)

Hatred towards making a stand for morality is nothing new, nor will it ever change.  Jesus dealt with it long before now, and generations after us will deal with it as well.  People are free to make their own decisions about what is moral and what is right; however, they also need to understand there are consequences to those decisions.  I am responsible for my own moral decisions, and they are responsible for theirs.

We live in a country in which the LGBT community can lobby for whatever they wish, however so am I.  It works both ways, or at least it is supposed to.

I think there would be serious consequences to me if I walked outside and burned a rainbow flag..... don't you?  But yet, its "ok" for the American Flag to be burned in protest....

So what do we do? 

Love our people, Love our neighbors, love our country, and Love our God.

It's what I believe Jesus did and continues to do.

Feed the sheep, tend the sheep.  We need to love and equip our people.

So, you cant legislate morality, but you also can't expect someone who doesn't know the truth to believe what you or I believe to be true.

Even if the SCOTUS had voted differently, it wouldn't have fixed the morality problem in our nation.  We cannot, and must not, depend on government to try and fix the morality problem. 

Our hope has to come from a much higher source.

God designed marriage, God defined marriage, and God instituted marriage.  End of story.  I am baffled at the idea that those who don't believe in God who want something He instituted, or maybe they do believe but they don't want to follow His definition of marriage.

Romans 3:23 tells us that we have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. It's a fact.  My sin problem is not any less than anyone else's.  I have to deal with my own.  I can admit when I'm wrong, and I'm not afraid to.  I can try to re-define my sin and paint it a prettier picture and say that its ok, or right.  However, in the eyes of God, Sin is Sin. It always has been and it always will be. 

My thoughts where kind of all over today, as I guess you could tell.  Hope something made sense....

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment