Friday, January 11, 2013

My memory fails me

My memory fails me, A LOT.  Those of you that know me, know this to be a cold hard fact.  If I know I have to do something on the way home, I put a sticky note on my steering wheel in the car.  People should know by now that if they expect me to remember something, they better tell me to write it down, or they better hand it to me in writing.  Then I have to remember where I put what i wrote down, ugh, it never ends.  I wish my memory was better, I wish it was stronger.

The bad thing is I actually remember things that I DON'T WANT TO, but yet the things I want to remember I CANT.  It's so frustrating.

One of the hardest classes I had in Bible College, was one where I had to memorize scripture every week, oh my gosh, it was a struggle.

Here is my point:  If your memory is like mine it takes a lot of effort, a lot of work.

24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”  25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”  (1 Co 11:24-25, NIV)

I am constantly reminded of my sin, my shortcomings, and my failures.  I am constantly having to remind myself of Christ in my life.  It is a constant battle.

I have to remind myself daily that what I do I do for HIM and not ME. 

Have a wonderful weekend, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment