Friday, January 25, 2013

Somtimes its hard to be thankful

7 I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord,
the deeds for which he is to be praised,
according to all the Lord has done for us—
yes, the many good things he has done
(Is 63:7, NIV)

So I was reading this in my devotion this am, and I realize that I'm not always as thankful as I should be.

Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sometimes we get so busy, so down, so negative that it's hard to be thankful.

We see this pictures like above of the "Christian" that has uplifted hands and is thanking and praising the Lord.  I look at this picture and I feel bad.  Why am I not like this always....

Because "Sometimes It's hard to be thankful".

In Isaiah we are reminded that He has done so much for us; when we realize this we should "tell of the kindnesses of the Lord"  So in today's blog I shall note some things I am thankful for.

  • My health, sometimes we take that for granite, but as far as i know I am healthy, and I exercise (well most the time) to stay that way
  • My wife and kids, never thought that I would be a husband and father of four daughters.
  • I have an amazing Job and Church
  • I have a great Pastor/Mentor/Friend in Ken Sausedo
  • I have so many friends that surround me (Barry, Brian Lee, Jeanne, RAchel, Andy, Sam I am, Steve, Myjenta, Charlie)
  • I have so many that love me more than i deserve (you know who you are) :)
  • I still have both my parents (and as far as I know they are healthy)
  • I have two great sisters (one in Cali, and one in Hendersonville)
  • I have the WORLDS ABSOLUTE BEST YOUTH
  • I have the best to help me with these youth week after week (thank you Tiffany, Christian, Myjenta, Waquilla Ashante Shameika Lillian Kadeshia Coleslaw Jean Jervis, Stuart, Nick, Barry)
  • I live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood with some great neighbors (thank you Kim and Suzie)
  • I most thankful for a God that loves me, picks me up when I am down, and uses me in spite of my many shortcomings.
This is a short list but it has reminded me of how thankful I should be.  I challenge you today to make a list, It will help you to remember how thankful you should be.

Have a great weekend, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment