Thursday, April 2, 2015

Time with Father


Nothing is a precious as time with dad.  I remember growing up, and actually still today that nothing is a precious as time with my dad.  Moms and dads both have an important role in the life of their children, however my focus today is just dads.  My dad taught me so much.  He taught me work ethic, he taught me persistence, he taught me how to be strong, and he taught me that your never too old to better yourself with education.  I always enjoyed it when my dad would make an effort to spend time with just me.

I love spending time with my kids.  I make effort and time for them.  I want them to know they are important to me.  I want them to know I love them, and I would do anything for them.

Your heavenly Father, your Creator made a tremendous effort to spend time with you.

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (Jn 1:14., NIV)

The narrative of Jesus, from His birth, to death, and resurrection has and will always be astounding to me.  That God would go to such great extent to build a bridge between humanity and Himself.  God wants to have a relationship with His creation, that is His people.  He wants to have this relationship so bad that He sent His own Son, His only Son to earth.  On earth His mission was simple but yet complex.  His mission was to live a perfect life, to let us see the glory of God, and then to be the sacrifice for our sin problem.  It didn't stop there.  He was then to rise from the dead, to prove God is who He said He was (or is). 

Seems like a lot of trouble.  God went through all of this trouble for people who seem to "care less".  People who don't care to spend any time with Him.  People who could don't seem to care about God, His Church, His people, or His creation.  And yet, God never stops trying.  He never stops caring.  He never stops working.  He. Never. Stops.  God's desire is not to control you, to hover over you, or to boss you.  God just simply wants to spend time with His Creation... YOU!

Many parents know the feeling of what it is like when your child stops wanting to spend time with you.  Whether its not the "cool" thing to do, time constraints, or sometimes because they get angry.  Regardless the pain we feel is very real.  The pain that God feels when we do it to Him is very real.

So how about it, will you spend "time with Father".

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment