Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hurricane Irene


I am proud to be part of one of the largest Disaster Relief organizations in the world.  NC Baptist men is world wide, and works hand in hand with Red Cross and other government agencies.  Why? because we are efficient and do it right :).

My heart for Disaster Relief began with Hurricane Katrina, as it did for many.  Since then I have made several trips to assist.  There are alot of things in this life that i cannot or will not be able to do.  But God has granted me the opportunity to be able to do this.

Disaster Relief has been an eye opener on several occasions to me, to realize how blessed I am to have a home, cars, job, and family.  To realize how fortunate I am to live where i do, that in Asheville very rarely do we have to deal with weather related Disasters.

When they call, as often as i can, I go.  I got the call, have assembled a small team, and we are leaving to head to New Bern, NC, leaving tomorrow.  I say this so my readers can know that I will not post again till next week, but also ask that you pray for myself and my team for travel and while we work.  I look forward to sharing next week about what happened.

blessings and enjoy a couple of pics from when we got the call to go Raleigh after tornadoes.

Chris.




No comments:

Post a Comment