Thursday, September 29, 2011

the phone call


4 because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints— 5 the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel (Col 1:4-5, NIV)

As a minister to students I get alot of phone calls, the majority of them are bad. 

"you wouldn't believe what came out of one of YOUR students mouths at school today"
"my daughter has no respect for me, will YOU teach them to honor mom and dad"
"will YOU do something about that boys anger, he spun the tires leaving parking lot"
"she is always starting so much drama, will YOU do something"
"i've heard enough, so i'm not coming back, until YOU do something"
"YOU have a student causing trouble, YOU should do something"
"my children are fighting, will YOU do something"

and i could go on......

The few and far between phone calls/emails i get are about their faith, how God has moved in their lives, how they are impacting others, how impressed parents are by what their child is doing or not doing.  I know it's happening, I see it happening.

So to my students may you know that I have seen your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for one another, and it springs forth in your life.  Keep up the good work.  May others see what impact Christ is making in your life, may it be evident.

have a God filled rest of the week, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment