Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I meant what I said

Love my twins (who are now 4) tremendously, however they are at that age where, they push their absolute limit with me.  I warn them not to do something and give them consequences time out, bed, or spanking (yes i spank my children).  It amazes me how many times it gets to the point where i Have to give them the consequences, makes me sad...  Did you know God feels this way:

But the Israelites acted unfaithfully in regard to the devoted things; Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel. (Jos 7:1)

and...

11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions. 12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction. (Jos 7:11-12)

When Joshua overtook Jericho God was very specific about something NOT to do:

18 But keep away from the devoted things, so that you will not bring about your own destruction by taking any of them. Otherwise you will make the camp of Israel liable to destruction and bring trouble on it. 19 All the silver and gold and the articles of bronze and iron are sacred to the Lord and must go into his treasury.”
(Jos 6:18-19)
 
 
 
Moral of the story:  Just as I don't want to punish my children, neither does God; however if He doesn't we will just keep thinking we can get away with not listening. 
 
harsh reality, but true, blessings on your day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment