Wednesday, May 8, 2013

the bad apple


"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit"  (Matthew 12:33, HCSB)

Our lives produce something, and its either good or bad.  We are the trees.  We have to make the decision every day to produce either good fruit or bad fruit.  It's what we where made for.

My heart aches this morning as I think about some bad fruit I have produced.  As I thought about the last part of that verse, "for a tree is known by its fruit".  I don't want to be known this way.  I don't want to be known as the "bad apple".

We all produce bad fruit at some point, if you think you haven't, your fooling yourself.  In fact to think that you haven't is "bad fruit" in itself (and it's called pride).  We view some bad fruit as worse than others, however the truth of the matter is that God says its all bad fruit.  Whether its a bad apple, bad pear, or bad banana, it's all still just bad fruit. 

You and I have the capability within us to produce good fruit.

When I produce good fruit, it helps others to produce good fruit.  However, on the contrary when I produce bad fruit, it helps others to produce bad fruit.  Think about it.

"Lord producing bad fruit makes me not happy about the person I am; help me to produce fruit that is good and makes a difference" - me

have a great day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment