Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life moves pretty fast.... wisdom from Ferris


I'm pulling from two moves here, "Ferris Beuller's Day off" but also "Click".  You ever feel like life is just buzzing by.  It moves so fast.  One minute your in Elementary School, then it's middle school, fast forward and your in High School, you graduate, your off to college, you graduate, you get married, start having kids, before you realize it, your kids are in Elementary school, middle school, and high school.  Then they are the ones off to college.

In the movie "click" adam sandler gets ahold of this remote where he can "fast forward" through things in life.  I feel sometimes like someone has pressed fast forward and I cant make it stop.  Someone please make it stop.

Wisdom from Ferris Beuller:  Life moves pretty fast, sometimes you need to stop.

Wisdom from Jesus, "I've come that you may have life and have it to the fullest" (John 10:10)

So what is "fullest", how do we stop?  How do we put the brakes on?  What do we do??

Take advantage of snow days, take advantage of "off" days, take advantage of every moment in time you can.  Quit taking on so much, realize that you (and I) only have this one life here.  We can't back up and relive years with our kids (or grand kids).  Live without regrets.  Make lots of memories.  Spend as much quality time as you can with those closest to you.

Spend time working on your relationship not only with your family, but with your Lord.  Take that time to get to know Him, He knows everything about you.... But what do you know about Him?  Jesus gave us a "book" a "diary" if you will of His life, His thoughts, His teachings.  It's called the Bible.

As I sit here and reflect on my life, as i think about where I am.  I have several family relationships i need to work on, I know that.  I'm not as close to my immediate family as i would like to be.  Time is killing me on that one.  I am not as close to the Lord as I would like to be.  Time is killing me on that one too.  I admit I am a work in progress.  But, So are you.  We all are.

Every time I think I've got this time management thing down.  I realize...... I don't.

I want to look back on my life and know that I lived this life, here and now, to the fullest with no regrets.

and so my battle with time management goes on, any suggestions???

Have a great day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment