Wednesday, March 13, 2013

right or wrong?


"All the ways of a man seem right to him, but the Lord evaluates the motives.  Doing what is righteous and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice."  (Proverbs 21:2-3, HCSB)

There have been a lot of times in life as i look back that i would have changed the decisions i made.  Some where harmful to others, some where harmful to myself, and some where just honestly some bonehead moves where I find myself saying, "what where you thinking??"

So what do we do to try and lower the number of times that we do make a wrong decision.  It's inevitable that in the pursuit of trying to make right decisions, that we will make the wrong one.

one of the best ways to know for sure, is check your motive.  Why are you doing it?  Who are you doing it for?  What are you hoping to get out of it?  I know myself well enough that if it "seems" right to me, then I better ask someone else.  I can lead myself astray a lot.  I am my own worst enemy a lot.

Another way is asking yourself if my decision goes bad, how many people will it affect?  Will it harm them?  How much harm does it have the potential to do?

Doing the right thing is not always easy, making the right decision is for sure not easy.  But I like what the proverb says, "Doing what is righteous (or right) and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice";  our strive should be to try to make Jesus happy with our decisions.

A couple other pointers to making the best decisions are:  talk to some trusted Christian friends/leaders, examine scripture and see what God says about it, and of course spend some quality time with God in prayer.

That's all for today, have a great one!!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment