Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 facts about me

ok today's blog is a little different than my norm (but change is good right?).  If you normally read my blog for my daily devotions today i read Joshua 2:8-3:17, and it has nothing to do with my blog, today's blog is just 10 facts (don't know if there interesting to you or not) about me (and are in no particular order)

1.  I love being a youth pastor, most ppl cant deal with youth, that's ok cause most youth don't like to deal with ppl...  haha, has been the absolute greatest experience of my life!
2.  I love being a husband and a dad, have been married to brandy for 13 years on September 4, and i have 4 daughters, there is no greater feeling in the world than to see their smiles and feel their hugs when they run to see me every afternoon when i get home
3.  I am a hardcore Duke fan.  Grant Hill is my fav Duke player of all time.  I have only seen Duke play in person twice, both where against Clemson at Little John.
4.  My favorite Quarterback of all time is Brett FAvre, i think he is the greatest QB ever.  You may disagree, but it's my blog :)  I have gotten to see brett three times.  Once I saw him a spring training at the Green Bay practicing facility, the other two times i saw Green Bay play Carolina in Charlotte, once on a cold, cold monday night game, and once on a sunny sunday afternoon.
5.  I love sports.  Though i am not good at any.  I love watching football (high school, college, and nfl), like basketball (but only high school and college), like NASCAR (tony stewart) but don't hardly get to see any cause always busy on Sundays, like to play (but not watch) golf.
6.  I love to ride (motorcycles), although I sold my Ninja this past spring, and am without a bike currently, I still love the feeling of being on the open road, tis so awesome.  I will have a bike again oneday.
7.  I am a Mike Huckabee fan.  Have never met him, got close to him and snapped a pic one time at the Southern Baptist Convention in Florida.  I think he would have made an excellent President, if He could have gotten in there.  I like his books, have read most, and he is an excellent speaker, and preacher.
8.  I am nearly 40 and trying to get back into shape.  In the mid 1990's, when i was in mid 20's i was in pretty good shape, went to the gym and worked out 3 times a week, lost a lot of weight and actually started building some muscle mass (i know right), then ruptured two disks in my back and that was the end of my weight lifting years.  realized about a year ago that i am really out of shape and overweight, so decided i needed to do something about it.  Have modified my eating habits, and have picked up jogging.  Have lost 10 lbs so far and am very proud of myself.
9. My favorite movies are the Star Wars series, and the Pirates of Caribbean movies, anytime they on i am watching.
10. I am writing a book based upon a series i did last year with my youth called, "Finding Balance in Life" and hope to have it published one day.

There could be many more, but I am stopping at 10

Have a great day, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment