Friday, August 12, 2011

Don't give up


Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’”
6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?  (Lk 18:1-7, NIV)
 
I really needed these verses today.  I have a prayer need, that i have been praying for, well honestly for quite a while, it's a huge load, a very stressful load, and one quite honestly that i am so tired of dealing with.  You know what I mean?  I have prayed over and over and over and over and over and over, and over.  Yet, it has not been answered yet.  I get frustrated, upset, and depressed.  Then God reminds me of who He is, like these verses today.
 
God is looking for persistence in our prayer, it's like He is asking, "How serious are you about this?" or maybe a "You really need to think this prayer through" or how about is He asking, "what is your motive for this prayer".  It could also be that God is telling us "not yet", and we don't want to hear that (or at least I don't).  Maybe we are looking for a way out, when God i wanting to help us go through?  there are so many things going on that our eyes cannot see.  God sees the whole perspective, where as you and I only see what is right in front of us, there here and now.
 
So what I am saying my friends, and what i am reminding myself is this:  Don't give up, keep praying, God is listening.  He cares so much about what is going on in our lives, He loves us more than we will ever understand, and whatever is going on; He knows and He is right there, right in the middle of our lives. 
 
Hope you found today encouraging, you pray for me and I will pray for you.
 
Chris
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Chris sometimes God uses people in our lives to remind us what he keeps trying to tell us but we block him out. This blog speaks directly to me. I try to let it be in God's time. I know he will see me through I guess I just want to know when and what he has in store for me. I hate the feeling of being at a stand still. I can't move forward and I can't go back. I just have to trust. Thank you so much for posting this today.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete