Wednesday, August 17, 2011

you see there's this one thing.....


18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’
21 “All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.
22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth.  (Lk 18:18-23, NIV)
 
There is always that one thing, you know what i mean.  We are like, "God i give you all this, everything i have"; Then God tell's us "that is great, I'm so proud of you; however there is just this one thing you havn't given to me".  The rich ruler was a good man, treated others well, followed commandments, but there was just this one thing.  He was holding onto his wealth, He wasn't willing to sacrafice it and guess what, God knew that the wealth was what He was trusting and Not God.  So Jesus gave him a little test, told him to sell it all.  It wasn't that He really had to do it, the problem was, he wouldn't even consider it.
 
So what is your one thing that your holding onto?  We are like, "God don't worry i can handle it"  Jesus tells us to give it up and follow him.  Yesterday I did this, was the last thing I was holding onto, and I let it go; wasn't easy, but God kept telling me i needed to over and over.  I kept telling God, don't worry i got this, i can handle it.  Now don't get me wrong, got up today and started to go back after that "one thing", but as of writing this i havn't. 
 
So again, what is your one thing?  let it go..... and watch God do something amazing in your life.
 
Chris let it go and you can to, stop holding onto that one thing.
 
Blessings on your Wednesday, and go somewhere to get that mid week encouragement.
 
love to my readers, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment