Wednesday, January 18, 2012

your prize

I have never experienced what it would feel like to hit or score the game winning run, to throw or score the game winning touchdown, or to catch the game winning interception.  I can imagine how exhilarating it would be though, the adrenaline rush is probably unreal.  My game is golf, and the closest feeling i have to winning at it was sinking a 10' putt that won the game in a captains choice company tourney many years ago.  It was such a great feeling.  For a moment in time you feel on top of the world.  I think it's amusing sometimes when the highlight of peoples lives are those moments, but they happened 20, 30 years ago.  Like Al Bundy at Polk High, haha.  What have you done since then.  Sometimes we focus on things that we have gained that mean so little for Eternity.  Don't misunderstand me, because i am a sports fanatic, but if sports is our only prize, we are thinking way too small.

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
(Php 3:14, NIV)
 
Sports is not why I get out of bed in the morning, sports is not what motivates me throughout the day.  It is knowing that God has called me to do something, and I'm doing it.  The same concept is there for you.  Where ever you are whatever you are doing, God has called you for something that will make an eternal difference, so are you doing it?  If not your missing out.
 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment